Rhyming isn’t just important to poets and rap artists! Kids need to learn rhyming words to teach them about language, and helps kids learn to read and write. This picture rhymes printable worksheet will help sharpen your child’s problem solving and cognitive skills using vibrant and engaging pictures.
This worksheet will help your child:
• Identify each picture and the word associated with it
• Think about which words rhyme as they work their problem-solving skills
• Complete mental tasks to help strengthen cognitive skills
• Recognize rhyming words.
For an extended lesson, help your child to write each word under each picture. Allow them to see how the rhyming words look similar, using most of the same letters. This will help your child to learn more about how language works in both reading and writing.
Rhyming is a critical precursor to reading, and because research continues to show that kids who struggle rhyming also struggle with reading, it’s important that kids get plenty of practice with this vital skill.
If you’re looking for more ways your child can practice with rhymes, then you’ve come to the right place! Your child will practice this important skill while they enjoy adorably vibrant pictures on this rhyming pairs worksheet. Free printable worksheets like this one are a great way for your child to get some extra practice.
Just like all our worksheets, on this one you’ll find:
• Clear and simple directions
• Engaging, colorful images to delight your child
• Just enough practice to keep your child’s attention.
Your child will work on:
• Logical reasoning skills
• Problem solving skills
• Making connections between words and their pictures
• Practice reading common words
• Recognizing which words and sounds rhyme, and which do not.
Rhyming is such an important skill for preschoolers because the knowledge of words and their sounds are important for kids as they learn to decode the sounds in words they read. Learning rhyming words and pairs can help your child build an awareness of words and their sounds, building a toolbox they can use as they begin to read. Print this worksheet today for valuable rhyming practice!
It’s important that kids get enough repetition, yet variety, in the types of activities they do as they learn new skills. This rhyming words worksheet PDF is yet another wonderful way for your little learner to practice identifying rhyming words to hone this valuable pre-reading skill.
Using this worksheet, your child will:
• Make connections between a picture and the written word
• Use problem solving skills to identify which sounds rhyme
• Notice the words and sounds that sound alike.
Feel free to use this worksheet to help your child think of other words that rhyme with the words on the page. Lead a conversation about words that rhyme with the other words on the page, and encourage your child to think of other words that rhyme with those. With so many ways to enjoy this worksheet, your child will be rhyming in no time!
Note: You will not be billed until your free trial has ended and can cancel at any time. No strings attached.