How to Introduce Children to MusicNov. 15, 2015
In our previous blog post we discussed the effects of music on children. It influences emotions, makes learning easier and contributes to the all-round development of a child. A lullaby, for example, can soothe a fussy baby, and classical music can improve kids’ spatial reasoning.
Here are just a few reasons to introduce kids to music. Don’t know where to start from? Take a look at the following ideas!
- Expose your child to a variety of styles and genres, but keep the volume down because kids hear better than adults do.
- Sing to your baby. It doesn’t matter whether you’re good at singing or not. Hearing a parent’s voice creates a feeling of comfort and security, contributes to the well-being of your child, and helps her perceive the language.
- Sing with your child! This is a lot of fun and will set you in a good mood!
- Accompany your daily routine with music – cook to music, clean to music, etc.
- Create a family band where each member plays a real or improvised musical instrument.
For more ideas check out these websites: