Getting Started with Kids Academy for SchoolsApril 10, 2020
Welcome to Kids Academy — an innovative learning platform for PK-3 and your personal teaching assistant.
Kids Academy has two key parts.
Part 1: A web dashboard with management and reporting tools for teachers
- It works directly in your browser, so you can access it from any device
- It lets you manage your account: from billing and licensing to users and learning plans
- It is for teachers and staff only, students can’t log in here
Now let’s see what Teacher’s dashboard can be used for:
- Here you can create accounts for the students, as well as for other teachers and administrators from your school or district
- Customize the pre-made curricula or create learning plans of your own
- Create classes and enroll students
- Monitor your students’ progress with detailed reports
Part 2: Learning apps
The second key component of Kids Academy is the learning apps for iOS, Android and Chromebooks.
It’s in the apps where most of the learning and teaching magic happens. The apps are used by both teachers and students:
- Differentiate instruction: assign lessons, homework, and assessments
- Preview learning plans and activities: games, videos, smart worksheets, and quizzes
Some of the things that you can do in the Teacher’s dashboard can also be done in the apps:
- create and manage student accounts
- add new classes
- assign students to classes
- monitor progress (with top-level reports);
- Work on the activities assigned by the teachers
- Watch videos, play learning games, complete Smart worksheets, and quizzes to master new skills
So to sum up, here are the differences between Teacher’s dashboard and the apps:
Now let’s see how easy it is to set up your account.
About Kids Academy
Kids Academy is an app-based learning platform featuring thousands of interactive learning activities for PK-3. With dozens of standards-aligned learning plans, Kids Academy can be used both at home and in the classroom. Start your free trial today or contact us for a demo.