The Three Little Pigs: Post-Reading Activities
Jan. 11, 2015
… After that the Big Bad Wolf never came back and the three little pigs lived happily ever after.
Have you ever felt that when stories finish with these words (and most of them do), they sound very straightforward and abrupt. They sound as if we came to the point of no return, and we’ll never meet the characters again. We’ll never meet the characters we started liking…
Yet, you might want to undertake some activities in order to extend reading and to dedicate more time to the story. For your convenience, we publish a list of ideas for the story about the three little pigs – some ideas are ours, others are not. For the ideas we borrowed from others we put a link so that you can read the original article.
- Draw and color the main characters
- Make a cut out puzzle
- Take a cut out picture of a plain pink pig and decorate it with dots, flowers, or unusual patterns
- Build a lego house for Snaff-Snaff
- Make a pig out of clay or marzipan like this http://pinterest.com/pin/203576845627169301/
- You can bake cakes and cookies in the shape of piggies, here are some examples http://pinterest.com/kidsacademy/everything-piggie/
- Buy a Piggy bank to save money for a new book or book app
- Make collages of the houses: one of straw, another one of sticks, and the other one of bricks. The idea is borrowed from this site http://goodhappyday.blogspot.com/2008/02/three-little-pigs.html
- Make finger puppets or just normal puppets for a role-play
- Buy a Three Little Pigs play set and act out the story
- You can also find more inspirational ideas out of this blog post http://preschoolbookclub.blogspot.com/2012/03/three-little-pigs.html
We hope you’ll find some ideas useful, if you have more, please share them on our Facebook page right under the list of ours! Thank you for taking part!