9 DIY Projects to Make Your Child’s Christmas Merry and Bright
Dec. 16, 2022
There are a few different explanations for all the fuss, but one of the most meaningful reasons is that parents wish to instill within their children a sense of magic that can serve as nostalgic memories many years later. Families, especially those with young kids, hope to carry on their rituals while perhaps making new traditions, too.
One such tradition that families can begin with their little learners is creating DIY Christmas crafts that can be used as festive décor! To help you get started, Kids Academy is proud to bring you an exciting new video that offers 12 festive ideas for DIY projects. As a preview, let’s look at the first craft, which are adorable paper elves!
Cute Christmas Elves
- Sheets of colored paper, including red, white, orange, and black
- A pencil
- A glue stick
- A ruler
- Two small googly eyes
What to do:
- To begin, cut a red sheet of paper in half. Taking one half of the paper, fold it almost in half lengthwise, leaving only a small centimeter-sized strip at the top.
- Fold the strip over the folded edge and adhere the two sides together using a glue stick.
- Fold the red paper rectangle in half widthwise and set aside.
- Taking the white paper, cut out a beard to use for the elf as shown in the picture.
- Using the black paper, cut out feet. Glue the feet to the bottom of the red rectangle, and then glue the white beard just above the folded crease in the middle of the paper.
- Next, fold the outer edges of the top of the rectangle to form a hat and glue a small white paper circle to the top, or use a white pom pom, if available.
- Create an orange nose like the one shown in the image and glue the nose along with the googly eyes above the beard to make a face.
Find this adorable craft, as well as other DIY ideas in the video to get started making new Christmas memories that will last a lifetime!