Fun Facts About the Original Story of the Three Little Pigs
Dec. 21, 2014
Do you know that
- The names of the three little pigs in the original story were: Browny, Whitey, and Blacky;
- Each piggy had their own character: Browny was a dirty lazy pig, Whitey was clever but greedy and selfish, and Blacky was a nice little pig, neither dirty nor lazy;
- Browny, Whitey, and Blacky ordered their houses from their mom before she passed away;
- Browny wanted a house of mud, Whitey dreamt of a house made of cabbage, and Blacky asked his mother to give him a house of bricks;
- In the original story the part of the Big Bad Wolf is taken by a cunny Fox who was after the pigs;
- Fox managed to catch Browny and Whitey by tricking them into opening the door of their houses.
- The original story has a fatal end: Fox was trying to get into the house of bricks through the chimney, then fell into the hot water and was scalded to death.
If you are looking for easy and enjoyable learning opportunities for your child, try our learning app and math worksheets for preschoolers.