Free Kindergarten Handwriting Worksheets
Do you want to make your kindergartener really excited about writing? The remarkable collection of free handwriting, cursive and spelling worksheets on Kids Academy is just for you!
Download and print out the brightly-colored handwriting worksheets and your kindergartener will get a great chance to:
· practice his handwriting and spelling skills in a fun and amusing way
· strengthen his fine motor muscles needed for pretty handwriting
· improve his pencil grip and develop better penmanship
· increase his attention and hand-eye coordination
· build up a strong foundation for his future academic skills
All of our free handwriting worksheets for kindergarteners feature colorful images that are sure to put a smile on your kid’s face. With the fun printables on Kids Academy your little learner will not only get to practice his writing and spelling skills, he will have some fun too.
To make the best use of the handwriting worksheets for kindergarteners, try the following helpful tips:
- Make sure that your little writer holds his crayon correctly (between the index finger and thumb and rest on the middle finger).
- You can offer a smaller crayon to him. It is much easier to hold.
- Allow your kid to practice his writing and spelling skills regularly by using the free handwriting, cursive and spelling worksheets on Kids Academy.
- Make sure that your kid follows the arrows and starts at the red dots as he completes his tracing worksheets.
- Encourage your kid to write within the lines.
- As your child traces letters constructing sight words, encourage him to sound out the familiar words. This will help him reinforce his spelling as well as his reading skills.
- Remember that cursive worksheets are for kids who are a bit older and more confident in writing
- To provide some extra practice for his fine motor muscles, get your kindergartener engaged in such fun activities as collecting puzzles, using scissors, playing with dough, etc.
Browse the free handwriting worksheets on Kids Academy right now and let your kid get in the grove of writing and spelling! Our free educational worksheets have been designed together with teachers, psychologists and other specialists in early childhood development. The fun printables on Kids Academy meet all the requirements of little writers. They are based on a time-tested Montessori Method. This famous approach to educating little kids focuses on a child’s natural curiosity and desire to learn.
Click here and try out the outstanding collection of free handwriting and spelling worksheets for kindergarten and give your kid a fantastic head start on writing and spelling too.
- Coloring Pages
- Nursery Rhymes
- Social Studies